“The Fenix range is my go-to sail, both in the Gorge and at the Oregon Coast. It’s simple compact outline is a joy to throw around and ride. I like the easy breathing feel and the drive this setup provides. The compact outline fits into small spaces when the surf is up. I can’t say enough about this one.”
– Dan Kaseler
Wave Fenix for 2017, we are proud to introduce the latest iteration of our revolutionary membrane wavesail. In design terms, we mindfully revisited our most popular wavesail with the goal of adding range and drive. With a tweaked luff curve, slightly updated seam shapes, and the addition of a new fiber blend, the Fenix takes a significant step forward in performance and handling. Nothing was overlooked in this update. Improvements can be found everywhere, from batten tapers to the new Cobra Vision Window. This offering sets a new bar for strung wavesails.
- GemTone Fiber enriches color weight and vibrancy on the water.
- HD Membrane Matrix gives maximum strength and durability, even in brutal conditions.
Performance & Durability
– Rainbow Batten Trajectories. Rainbow Batten Trajectories minimize pocket stretch and ensure rigged symmetry.
– Anti-Abrasion. Anti-Abrasion Silicon Bumpers prevent unnecessary wear. MicroLight Batten Tensioners provide balanced skin tension.
Maximum Weight Reduction
– Ultra lightweight. Feather Weight Construction puts this sail’s weight 15-20% under industry standard.
– Visibility. Cobra Vision Window yields good visibility while maintaining the integrity of the membrane in critical high-stress areas.
– GemTone Fiber. Enriches color weight and vibrancy on the water and ensures sails that are lighter, stronger, and more durable than the competition.
– Updated Fiber Map. HotSpot clew to luff trajectories keep shape locked low and forward.
– Nylatron Tack Pulley. Super lightweight ‘Nylatron’ tack pulley wheels save weight and allow easy downhauling.
– Kevlar Reinforced Fairings. Reinforced head and tack fairings give maximum durability against abrasion.
- Helix Leech Plys minimize cyclical flexing along a given line and extend toughness of leech.
- Teijin 8083 luff sleeve material gives excellent durability and repels water.
|3.6||350||143||12||4||0||Avanti Spine 340||2.4|
|4.0||365||150||0||4||0||Avanti Spine 370||2.5|
|4.4||380||157||12||4||0||Avanti Spine 370||2.6|
|4.8||393||165||25||4||0||Avanti Spine 370||2.8|
|5.2||410||173||12||5||0||Avanti Spine 400||3.1|
|5.6||422||178||25||5||0||Avanti Spine 400||3.3|