Do you crave the hiss of a clean bottom turn and the smack of a fat lip? The Viper is a clean, light, wavesail developed for charging heavy conditions. A five batten layout keep the profiles stable and front-handed, even when overpowered. Best suited for down-the-line sailing, with good bump and jump potential, the Viper has an unsurpassed form stability. A classic outline feels natural on a wide range of boards and the robust membrane can take a punishment in the surf.
“With battens come stability and the ability to sail juiced up. Another key feature of the Viper is the fiber concentration in the clew to luff group. We added critical HotSpot Trajectories exactly along the contour from the clew grommet to the hot spot on the luff curve. This intensity of fiber on the catenary load path works wonders to keep shape from migrating vertically, and yields a snappy pump-ability and reactive feel.”
- GemTone Fiber enriches color weight and vibrancy on the water.
- HD Membrane Matrix gives maximum strength and durability, even in brutal conditions.
Performance & Durability
– Rainbow Batten Trajectories. Rainbow Batten Trajectories minimize pocket stretch and ensure rigged symmetry.
– Anti-Abrasion. Anti-Abrasion Silicon Bumpers prevent unnecessary wear. MicroLight Batten Tensioners provide balanced skin tension.
Maximum Weight Reduction
– Ultra lightweight. Feather Weight Construction puts this sail’s weight 15-20% under industry standard.
– Visibility. Cobra Vision Window yields good visibility while maintaining the integrity of the membrane in critical high-stress areas.
– GemTone Fiber. Enriches color weight and vibrancy on the water and ensures sails that are lighter, stronger, and more durable than the competition.
– Updated Fiber Map. HotSpot clew to luff trajectories keep shape locked low and forward.
– Nylatron Tack Pulley. Super lightweight ‘Nylatron’ tack pulley wheels save weight and allow easy downhauling.
– Kevlar Reinforced Fairings. Reinforced head and tack fairings give maximum durability against abrasion.
- Helix Leech Plys minimize cyclical flexing along a given line and extend toughness of leech.
- Teijin 8083 luff sleeve material gives excellent durability and repels water.
|3.5||350||142||12||4||0||Avanti Spine 340||2.3|
|4.0||374||151||6||5||0||Avanti Spine 370||2.5|
|4.2||381||154||12||5||0||Avanti Spine 370||2.6|
|4.5||389||158||21||5||0||Avanti Spine 370||2.7|
|4.7||399||161||20||5||0||Avanti Spine 370||2.9|
|5.0||410||166||12||5||0||Avanti Spine 400||3.0|
|5.5||425||177||27||5||0||Avanti Spine 400||3.1|
|6.0||446||187||18||5||0||Avanti Spine 430||3.2|