This year’s new ECHO got a boost! Not just a new color, but with small adjustments coordinated by Dan Kaseler we constructed this sail to perfection. I am stoked to have this new sail in my hands; the easy handling and stability in the sail together with the power, drives you to what makes freestyle so fun! From the small sizes up to the bigger sail sizes, all sails are on top form and are ready for any condition mother nature sends your way.
– Youp Schmit (NB-12)
The all-new Echo debuts as a no-compromise sail for those who demand the best dedicated trickster on the market. This sail is designed for those who push the limits of freestyle and forge a new standard for our sport. The latest edition features an even more compact outline, flatter foot batten profiles, a tight leech, and ample luff curve down low.
Unlock massive flat-water tricks by tapping into the custom membrane’s limitless pop. The ultra-light HD Membrane Matrix locks profiles, yet delivers and easy breathing feel. There is nothing like an Avanti.
New For 2017
– No center-seam sock design for smooth entry and unmatched durability.
– New leech design gives increased stability, power and a very direct response from the rig at all times.
– Updated compact outline keeps power centered and controllable.
– Wide dacron panel along the luff gives faster and lighter transition from neutral to fully powered up
– The Larger window design, with custom fiber mapping around frame of window gives added structural integrity to the entire membrane.
– Increased luff curve down low adds unmatched torque on demand.
– Flatter foot batten shaping ensures silky smooth transitions and rotations.
Youp Schmidt, came to us with a very defined wish list this year. His feedback was key to advancing the design. The 2017 Echo is an enormous step forward. The end result is a true freestyle sail that will not only knock the socks off a professional athlete, but will deliver unequalled ease of handling and playfulness to mere mortals.
– Dan Kaseler
Feather Weight Construction
– HD Membrane Matrix gives maximum strength and durability, while resisting puncture and catastrophic failure in a way only Avanti can deliver.
– Feather Weight Construction puts this sail weight 15-20% under industry standard.
Performance & Durability
– Rainbow Batten Trajectories minimize pocket stretch and ensure rigged symmetry.
– Anti-Abrasion Silicon Bumpers prevent unnecessary wear.
– MicroLight Batten Tensioners provide balanced loading and even skin tension.
– Black Twaron fiber, accented by vibrant polyester yarns ensure sails that are light, low-stretch, and impact resistant.
– Updated Fiber Map. HotSpot clew to luff trajectories, and more fiber on the head to tack load line keep shape locked and control twist, especially up high.
– Nylatron Tack Pulley. Super lightweight pulley wheels, reduce friction, and allow easy downhauling.
– Kevlar Reinforced Fairings give maximum durability against abrasion.
– Helix Leech Plys minimize cyclical flexing along a given line and extend longevity and toughness of leech.
– Teijin 8083 luff sleeve material gives excellent durability and repels water.
|4.0||372||145||4||4||0||370 SPINE RDM||2.40|
|4.4||387||153||19||4||0||370 SPINE RDM||2.50|
|4.8||405||159||7||4||0||400 SPINE RDM||2.60|
|5.2||418||166||20||4||0||400 SPINE RDM||2.80|
|5.6||436||171||8||5||0||430 SPINE RDM||3.00|
|6.2||453||182||25||5||0||430 SPINE RDM||3.20|